Sunday, June 1, 2014

Simple Breakfast Options for a Healthy Lifestyle

Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, and I guarantee you that you've heard that a million times in your lifetime. It is a very true statement. When it comes to your health and either losing weight, or maintaining weight, it all starts with breakfast. We naturally tend to feel very hungry in the day if our breakfast wasn't sufficient enough to sustain us. The trick is to eat food that will make you feel full, and I don't mean a breakfast buffet, to maintain a healthy lifestyle! I mean food that your body will take time to digest. This will allow you to feel fuller longer, and will keep you from grabbing at unhealthy snacks until lunchtime! I definitely recommend eggs, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, whole wheat bread, etc. These few things are very simple to make. I tend to prefer food that is sweeter in the morning, so I will probably eat a sweeter breakfast 4 days a week and the other three days I will try something more savory, like egg whites with peppers. Oatmeal has always been a struggle for me to eat but I finally came up with a way where I can enjoy it and still keep out the sugar! Below I will post the recipe for the oatmeal, along with an image and two links that I think are great for ideas on simple breakfast options for a healthier lifestyle!




Additional Resources!
http://www.prevention.com/food/cook/fast-and-healthy-breakfast-ideas?s=1

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/top-20-foods-eat-breakfast/story?id=19295525#

No comments:

Post a Comment