Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Eggs: A Powerhouse Nutritional Food

Most people don't realize how nutritional eggs can be for you. If cooked properly and not fried... you can take so many nutrients away from eating an egg.  A large egg contains 77 calories, with 6 grams of quality protein, 5 grams of fat (good fat I may add) and trace amounts of carbohydrates. Most of these nutrients come from the egg yolk. The white of the egg contains mostly protein. There have been studies that have proved that eggs can raise your HDL (the good cholesterol) and lower your LDL (the bad cholesterol), which in turn can lower your risk of heart disease; feeling healthier just reading about it? :) The great thing about eggs is that you can eat them for breakfast and they will keep you feeling fuller longer and this will result in less eating throughout the day. I tend to boil mine and eat them as a healthy snack, that way I feel full from two and can avoid reaching in the bag of chips!I wanted to include a HOW TO: boil eggs that I made, because when I first started eating them I had no clue what I was doing and I always ended up overcooking them, and the yolk would be a green color. I hope this helps you to be able to enjoy eating healthier!



No comments:

Post a Comment